Tuesday 6 January 1998

These useless words

1998


how can i cry with words?
these tools are so useless
here, with my heart breaking
and all of my soul aflame
all i have is these stupid words

i go out and scream at the emptiness
and scream and scream and scream myself to awareness
of pointlessness
and more despair
that even my screams are of useless words

i cry but even the stupid medium
does not allow my tears to show
a stain for all the world to see
"look he cried - there are his faded tears"
and not even a stumbling pen can i show

and what for this need to show i cry?
what point could i make if there was one word
that spoke "PAIN" so loudly that all the world
would turn and see me
cry?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is better to read than write - try http://www.historyisaweapon.com/zinnapeopleshistory.html

thanks

pop